wikiHow is a “wiki,” similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. To create this article, volunteer authors worked to edit and improve it over time.
Are you logged in to too many Instagram accounts on your phone? If you're signed in to multiple Instagram accounts and want to delete one from your account list, all you'll need to do is sign out of that account. This wikiHow article teaches you how to remove one or more Instagram accounts on your Android, iPhone, or iPad.
- 1Open Instagram. This app icon looks like a camera lens icon on a pink and purple gradient background.
- 2Navigate to your profile. Tap your profile picture icon in the bottom right corner of your screen.Advertisement
- 3Select the account you want to remove from your list of accounts using the drop-down menu. It's either near the top left corner or centered in the middle of your screen.
- 4Tap . This three-line menu icon is in the upper right corner of your screen and will prompt a menu to drop down.
- 5Tap . It's usually the first item in the menu next to a gear icon.XResearch source
- 6Tap . "X" is your Instagram username. You may have to scroll down to find this at the bottom of the menu.
- 7Tap . Since you don't want this account to log in automatically with saved login information, you want to tap Not now to prevent this from happening.
- Confirm by tapping Log out.
- That account will no longer appear as an option if you tap the drop-down at the top of the screen and you will no longer get notifications regarding that account.XResearch source
About This Article
1. Open Instagram.
2. Navigate to your profile.
3. Select the account you want to remove from your list of accounts using the drop-down menu.
4. Tap the three-line menu icon.
5. Tap Settings.
6. Tap Log out X.
7. Tap Not now and Log out.