wikiHow is a “wiki,” similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. To create this article, 14 people, some anonymous, worked to edit and improve it over time.
This article has been viewed 171,495 times.
Drawing a sailboat can be a great way to envision sailing the open seas if you're not able to do so at that moment. It's also a relatively easy process! This wikiHow article will explain how you can draw a sailboat.
Steps Download Article
- 1Sketch the sailboat's hull. To do this, draw an upside-down trapezoid.
- 2Sketch the cabin section of the boat. To sketch this section of the boat, draw a very skinny rhombus-like shape that is touching the boat—you won't need to draw the long bottom line though, since the sailboat itself already creates that. Then, draw a slightly diagonal line above the rhombus, but touching it. Parallel from that line, draw one that is even more diagonal, and connect the two lines with another one on top of them that is slightly curved. After that, draw a few squares and half-circles inside this shape for the windows.Advertisement
- 3Sketch the mast part of the sailboat. To do this, draw two very long parallel lines on top of the cabin that are very close to each other, but not touching. Connect these lines with two short lines that come upwards and form a slight point.
- 4Sketch the sails. To sketch these, draw two large right triangles that touch the sailboat's mast. Be sure to leave some space on the left sail between the sail and the mast Once you've done that, draw a few curly lines near the top of the mast, and a line in the bottom right corner of the sail on the left that touches the mast.
- 5Sketch the waves created by the sailboat. These can just be light ripples.
- 6Erase any extra sketch marks.
- 7Add color to your drawing if you'd like.
- QuestionHow do I draw a person?Community AnswerPractice by looking at people, use an example if needed. Just try to get the details in there. And practice!
- QuestionHow do I decide what to draw when I am bored?Community AnswerLook outside for inspiration, such as trees, meadows or even grab a leaf and sketch that.
- QuestionHow do I draw a girl?Community AnswerReference wikiHow to Draw a Girl.
Things You'll Need
- Piece of paper
- Coloring tool(s) of your choice (if you'll be adding color to your picture)
About This Article
To draw a simple sailboat, first, sketch a long, upside-down trapezoid for the hull of the boat. Then, draw a small trapezoid on top of the larger trapezoid for the cabin. You can also draw some long rectangles to serve as windows. Once you’ve drawn this, sketch a long, skinny L-shape on top of the cabin. This will be the mast. Finally, draw 2 right triangles on each side of the mast for the sails. If you’d like, draw some waves below the boat to make your drawing more life-like! To learn how to finalize your sailboat sketch, read on!