🤮😚😨 This article was co-authored by wikiHow staff writer, Caroline Heiderscheit. Caroline Heiderscheit is a Staff Writer for wikiHow living in Santa Monica, CA. She has two years of experience working in content, including a year of editing work for first-time novelists. Caroline graduated from Stanford University in 2018 with degrees in American Studies and Creative Writing.
There are 19 references cited in this article, which can be found at the bottom of the page.
🤮😚😨 Cash is probably exactly what the people in your life really want—but giving someone a plain, old $10 bill can feel bland or careless. But it doesn't have to be. Below, we've covered all of the most creative ways to give someone money, so your problem is solved. Plus, lots of these would work using a gift card as well. For all of the cutest, funniest, and most unique ways to gift someone money, read on.
1 1 of 19:Tissue Box
- For some lighthearted fun and the perfect DIY idea, grab a tissue box. Stuff your box with bills and at the top, leave one bill protruding like a tissue would. Then, include a sign: "Don't blow it all in one place!"XResearch source
2 2 of 19:Balloon Pop
- Your recipient will be bursting with excitement. First, blow up nine small balloons. Then, inside a tenth balloon, stick rolls of money inside. Place the balloons inside a closed cardboard box and on the top of the box, write: "You’re so poppin', you deserve a treat. You just have to find it first!" Then, pass them a needle or pin.XResearch source
- To find their gift, they'll have to pop each balloon.
3 3 of 19:Notepad
- Offer your favorite writer the ultimate inspiration—money. Using glue, stick the ends of your bills together so they sit in a clean stack. For best effect, use crisp, new bills with minimal wrinkles. You've created a notepad made of money.XResearch source
4 4 of 19:Bottle Set
- Though it may not actually be soda, this'll still be sweet and refreshing. Empty and dry six glass bottles and place them inside a carrier. Fill every bottle with something fun—candies, confetti, and yes, money.XResearch source
5 5 of 19:Pizza Box
- There's probably only one thing your fav foodie loves more than grub—money. First, locate and clean off a pizza box. Spread your dollar bills in a circle around the box so they look a bit like a big pizza.XResearch source
- On the top inside of the box, add a cheeky message: "Oh no, the pizza isn’t finished! It’s just the dough."
- For extra effect, spread quarters around your pie as "pepperonis."
6 6 of 19:Raining Money
- Make it rain for your favorite person. Find an umbrella, some string, and a set of clothespins. Along the metal rods inside of the umbrella, tie strings that hang down. Then, tie clothespins (or paper clips) to the opposite ends of the strings. Then, attach those to your bills.XResearch source
7 7 of 19:Pez Dispenser
- Inside this iconic packaging, swap candy for cash. Gift your recipient a Pez dispenser. Inside the neck of the dispenser, place rolled-up bills.XResearch source
8 8 of 19:Money Tree
- For gardening enthusiasts, nothing will beat a money tree (yes, really). Fill a planter with dirt, styrofoam, or another material that can support a thin stake. Place the stake in the center and stick a small styrofoam ball on top of the stake. Scrunch up the bills and tape them to the ball until it's completely covered.XResearch source
9 9 of 19:Jolly Jar
- Let your pal know that they made your nice list this year. Find a big glass jar. Decorate the outside with Christmas decorations, like ribbons, bows, and stickers. On the inside, fill your jar with jolly ranchers (and money!).XResearch source
- On top of the lid, write a cute message: "Maria’s Jolly Jar."
10 10 of 19:Egg Hunt
- Spice up your holiday hunt with more than just candy. Hide eggs all over your yard. Fill the eggs with your cash gift. Not only will the recipient love your present, but they’ll have a ball hunting around the yard, too.XResearch source
11 11 of 19:Box of Chocolates
- V-day chocolates are classic, but V-day cash is next level. Grab your box of assorted chocolates. Next, remove the candy from their paper wrappers. Keep the wrappers in their place. Fold your bills into a variety of shapes that fit into the wrappers.XResearch source
- For this one, you could roll bills, place them vertically, fold them into squares, whatever works. You may need ribbon or string to keep them in place.
12 12 of 19:Stache Jar
- Every newlywed couple needs a silly, sweet money "stash." All you need is a jar, some stickers, and lots of creativity. Throw in your favorite candies, ribbons, and love-related items—like candy hearts or romantic quotes, for example. Stuff the money inside. On your jar, write: "Secret Stache."XResearch source
- Now you need a stache. You have a few good options. For one, you could find a mustache sticker.
- Or, tape on a drawing or photo of a mustache. You could even make your own fake stache from pipe cleaners or string.
13 13 of 19:Break the Glass
- For extra drama and fun, give a gift that's only for "emergency" use. Pull out a glass picture frame. Cut a piece of paper that will fit in your frame. Then, tape bills flat onto the paper and add a fun birthday caption: "In case of 25th birthday, break."XResearch source
14 14 of 19:Hollowed Out Book
15 15 of 19:Graduation Caps
- Tip your hat to a brand new graduate. Line up your bills on the top of a graduation cap so that money covers the entire top area. Tape them into place.XResearch source
16 16 of 19:Extra Dough
- A classic toy pun should definitely earn you some laughs. Pull out your jar of playdough. Open the lid and stuff a folded bill inside of the dough. The dough will harden if left out to long, so keep a close eye on it. Include a sweet note: "In case you needed some extra dough…"XResearch source
17 17 of 19:Animal Fun
- An adorable, miniature wildlife scene will be enough to melt anyone's heart. Locate a few cute animal toys. Go for four-legged animals, like zebras, horses, bears (oh my). Find some brightly colored string. Fold your bills and place them on the back of each animal before tying them in place.XResearch source
- Line up the animals so they look like they're making a long trek with your recipient’s money on their backs.
- For extra fun, consider adding a little homemade scenery, like construction paper trees, rocks, and flowers.
18 18 of 19:Two-Dollar Bills
- Using these rare bills, get a laugh while you line someone's pocket. Make a special request at the bank for a stack of two-dollar bills. Tie them up in a cute ribbon or bow. Include a tag with a silly caption, "What’s better than a stack of one-dollar bills? A stack of two-dollar bills."XResearch source
19 19 of 19:Fun, Folded Shapes