wikiHow is a “wiki,” similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. To create this article, volunteer authors worked to edit and improve it over time.
There are 12 references cited in this article, which can be found at the bottom of the page.
You’ve probably heard the term “aura” before, but what does it mean when an aura is blue? An aura is a field of spiritual energy that surrounds all living things, and its color reveals a person’s emotional well-being and personality traits. Blue auras come in many shades and have special characteristics that make them stand out from the other colors. We’ve put together a comprehensive guide to the blue aura, including what all the different shades mean and how they impact your love and work life. Keep scrolling to explore the fascinating depths of the blue aura!
Section 1 of 5:What does a blue aura mean?
- People with blue auras are strong communicators and deep thinkers. They're unafraid to speak their mind, they're generally very intuitive, and they excel in creative and artistic pursuits. Blue aura people also have a passion for helping others—they’re great listeners and are empathetic to those in need. Blue auras come in many shades, but they all share these distinctive characteristics to some degree.XResearch source
- Those with blue auras are drawn to creative or helpful jobs like nursing, teaching, counseling, public speaking, or performing.
- Blue is considered a soothing color, and blue aura people are typically calm, balanced, and level-headed.
- It takes time and practice to see and read a person's aura, but its energy and disposition can always be felt.
Section 2 of 5:Different Shades of Blue Auras
- 1Royal or "true blue" auras are highly sensitive and intuitive. People with true blue auras are well-tuned to the world and to others, and may even have clairvoyant abilities. Empathy, generosity, and openness are trademark traits of this color aura. Those with this aura face new adventures and challenges with positivity and don’t let fear or negativity cloud their thoughts.XResearch source
- 2Sky blue or light blue auras represent honesty, clarity, and calmness. Individuals with this shade of blue are intelligent, creative leaders who use their communication skills to lift others and voice support for doing the right thing. They’re generally well-trusted and deeply value honesty and sincerity.XResearch source
- 3Dark blue or blue-indigo auras signify deep intuition and inner knowing. The dark or indigo shade comes from a strong Third Eye chakra (located in the forehead), which governs your spiritual health and subconscious mind.XResearch source Those with this aura are wise, authoritative, and considerate of others’ feelings. They remain cool and collected, even during chaotic moments.XResearch source
- 4Those with turquoise or blue-green auras are compassionate and helpful. The green tint comes from a strong Heart Chakra, which is linked to healing, emotions, and love. People with a turquoise aura are resilient and view setbacks as valuable learning experiences.XResearch source A turquoise aura person needs to be careful not to let their empathy for others spiral into negative emotions.XResearch source
- Other people recognize turquoise aura individuals as helpful, positive influences.
- People with green or blue-green auras are compatible with healing professions, like nursing or therapy, because of their sensitivity and soothing nature.
Section 3 of 5:Blue Auras and the Throat Chakra
- Blue auras come from the Throat Chakra, a pool of energy in your throat. The Throat Chakra governs your ability to communicate, listen, and express yourself openly and authentically. It acts as a bridge between the Heart Chakra (emotions) and the Third Eye Chakra (inner thoughts).XResearch source When your Throat Chakra is open, active, and balanced, you’re surrounded with a vibrant blue aura.XResearch source
- If your blue aura is bright and clear, your Throat Chakra is balanced and you express yourself easily.
- If your blue aura is murky or washed out, you need to unblock your Throat Chakra. You may struggle with listening, gossiping, and tuning into yourself.XResearch source
- The Heart and Third Eye Chakras can alter the shade of your blue aura to be more green or indigo if they’re particularly strong.
Section 4 of 5:Blue Auras in Relationships
- Blue aura people are honest and reliable partners in love and friendship. Romantically, people with blue auras are creative with how they express affection and can be silly, playful, or cheesy (in the good way). They’re supportive, protective, and they communicate how much they love their partners whenever they can. They enjoy receiving love and affection as much as they love giving it.XResearch source
- In all relationships, blue aura people are loyal, stable, and dependable.
- Blue aura friends are friends until the end. They’ll always be around to help whenever they’re needed.
- Those with blue auras are usually family-oriented and will do anything to prioritize and take care of their loved ones.
Section 5 of 5:Careers for Blue Auras
- People with blue auras are drawn to creative and supportive careers. They enjoy positions where they can be imaginative and expressive, and many blue aura people are drawn to vocal jobs like singing, public speaking, acting, and teaching.XResearch source They also feel fulfilled by a career helping those in need like nonprofit work, counseling, nursing and medicine, volunteer work, or religious leadership.XResearch source
- A work environment where people are free to share their ideas honestly is a must for those with a blue aura.
- Blue aura people are not usually motivated by money or wealth. However, they strive to earn enough to make themselves and their loved ones comfortable.XResearch source
- Auras have many different layers, so it’s possible that an aura can shine with more than just one color.
- As your energies, emotions, and thoughts change, the color of your aura changes as well. Think of your aura as a reflection of what’s going on inside of you rather than a fixed trait.XResearch source
- You can change the color of your aura through practices like meditation, a healthy diet and exercise, or surrounding yourself with the colors you want in your aura.XResearch source